header

miércoles, 22 de junio de 2011

potato wedges ( and bread pudding)

One of the things I miss about England is potato wedges, they were everywhere and they were amazing. Today I tried to recreate them and even though we don't have same paprika people use in the u.k - the one with the smokey flavor- I was very pleased with the result.

Una de las cosas que extranio de Inglaterra son las potato wedges, se encuentran en todos lados y son maravillosas. Hoy trate de recrearlas aun cuando no tenemos la misma paprika que se encuentra en el Reino Unido - la que sabe a ahumado - pero quede muy satisfecha con el resultado.

I made bread pudding too, but a cheesy version. Instead of the traditional sweet one, I experimented with cream cheese, garlic, fennel, onions and parmesan cheese and I have to admit I was very proud of myself. my mom and my neighbours loved it...

También hice budín de pan, pero una version de queso. En vez del tradicionalbudin dulce, experimente usando queso crema, ajo, hinojo, cebollas y queso parmesano y debo admitir que estaba muy orgullosa de mi misma. les encanto mi mama y mis vecinos...

Instructions for the potato wedges:
cut the potatoes half and make them flat / Cortar las papas a la mitad para volverlas planas.
a
cut them again, so you get two pieces out of one / cortarlas otra vez de manera que salgan dos piezas de una.
2
put the wedges in a bowl, add olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika / Poner los wedges en un bol, agregar aceite de oliva, sal, pimienta y paprika
4
stir the wedges so the flavor gets everywhere / remover los wedges para que el sabor llegue a todos lados
5
put them in the oven over a baking tray for 15 mins. and turn the other side and leave theme in the oven for 15 more mins. / ponerlos en el horno en una bandeja de hornear por 15 mins. y voltear y dejar por 15 mins mas
6
voila!
P1070119

I know they dont go well together but i wanted to give it a try. I used the classic recipe for a bread pudding but I used onions, salt, cheese and garlic instead of the sweet flavors. It was a hit!

Se que no van bien juntos pero queria intentarlo. Use la receta clasica para un budin de pan pero use sabores salados en vez de los dulces. Fue un exito!
P1070122

P1070123

P1070124

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...