header

miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012

Bits of Brussels

Brussels  is the capital  of Belgium and the capital of the European Union (EU). It is also the largest urban area in Belgium and it hosts all the principal EU institutions as well as the headquarters of the NATO. It has all the advantages of a big city but at the same time, I don´t know what to think about it. On one hand, it has beautiful sights and attractions but on the other, it is kind of chaotic and not as organized as some other parts of Belgium, I guess I´ve developed some sort of love/hate relationship with the city. I like the city in general but sometimes I get the feeling that I´m not in the capital of Europe and it can be dangerous for Belgian standards - Venezuelan standards is a completely different story-  

Bruselas es la capital de Bélgica y la capital de la Unión Europea. También es la zona urbana mas grande de Bélgica y es allí donde se encuentran las principales instituciones de la UE así como también las oficinas de la OTAN. La ciudad tiene todas las ventajas de una ciudad grande pero al mismo tiempo, no se que pensar acerca de ella. Por un lado, tiene zonas bonitas y muchas cosas que ver pero en el otro, es un poco caótica y no es tan organizada como las otras partes de Bélgica, creo que he desarrollado una relación amor/odio con la ciudad. En general me gusta la ciudad pero a veces me siento como que no estoy en la capital de Europa y puede ser peligrosa para los estándares belgas - los estándares venezolanos son otra cosa-

Although I dont live in Brussels, it is very close to Leuven so I go there on a regular basis. These pictures were taken in different "trips", under different situations. This time Im focussing on the things I like about the city and sight that I´ve found pretty or interesting somehow...

Aunque no vivo en Bruselas, es muy cerca de Lovaina así que voy muy seguido. Estas fotos fueron tomadas en diferentes "viajes", bajo diferentes situaciones. Esta vez me enfoco en las cosas que me gustan de la ciudad y las cosas que me parecen bonitas o interesantes de alguna manera...
6
Bourse

bru1
Atomium

5
Saint Gery

8
Chocolate (Leonidas)

10

9
Apple flavoured-mannekin pis shaped chocolate

7
Isabel at the Bourse

bru2

bru3
Be welcome

bru10
Around Grand Place

Btw, I found this really cool video, its a 3d vision of Brussels. If youve never been there I think it would nice to see it


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...