header

martes, 6 de marzo de 2012

The Oppressed in Liege

The Oppressed, for those who dont know them, is a Welsh anti-fascist Oi! band. The SHARP skinhead band has split and re-formed several times, but they re-formed in 2009, and continue performing today. They came to Liege in Belgium and I went with a group of friends from Ghent. It seems like people from different parts of Belgium went to La Zone to see them play. All I have to say is that they played really well and the atmosphere in the place was amazing. I had no clue that belgians were big fans of OI! Good company + great music + cheap drinks = awesome night. 

The Oppressed, para quienes no la conocen, es una banda Oi! galesa anti-fascista. La banda SHARP skinhead se ha separado y juntado varios veces, pero volvieron nuevamente en el 2009 y continúan tocando. Vinieron a Lieja en Bélgica y fui con un grupo de amigos de Gante. Parece que gente de distintas partes de Bélgica fueron a La Zone para verlos tocar. Sólo puedo decir que tocaron muy bien y que la energía en el lugar era increíble. No tenia idea que de los belgas eran fanáticos del Oi!. Buena compañía + buena música + tragos baratos = noche genial. 

02a


oppressed2


oppressed1


opressed 5
Paolo, Giulia and me.
oppressed 6
The girls and me.
I saw Cop on Fire playing. Loved them, I even bought their record. Its a Belgian dub band / vi a los Cop on Fire tocando y me encantaron. Hasta compré el disco. Es una banda belga de dub. 

oppressed7


oppressed4


oppressed 3


Here I am wearing my same ol´ sailor cardigan and sailor trousers and my swing shoes (not on the pic). I´ve noticed that I usually mix blue w red but in my defense the navy look is a classic ;) / Heme aquí usando otra vez el cardigan de marinero con los pantalones marineros y los zapatos de swing que no se ven en la foto. He notado que usualmente mezclo azul con rojo pero en mi defensa el look navy es un clásico ;)

sorry for the not so good pics but I used pics from two different cameras and the venue was packed and it was hard to find a spot to take pics. / lo siento por las no tan buenas fotos pero use fotos de dos cámaras diferentes y el lugar estaba a reventar y fue difícil buscar un lugar para hacer fotos. 

I got to meet and chat with the band members and they were super nice and very talkative! Here´s a pic with them! / Puede conocer y hablar con los miembros de la bandas y fueron super agradables y muy conversadores. Aquí una foto con ellos! 

the oppressed





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...