header

domingo, 25 de marzo de 2012

Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings at the Ancienne Belgique

I went to the Ancienne Belgique to see Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings because my friend Wim invited me to join him and his friends. I was not a fan or anything and I had listened to a few songs before but since I´m more into some other genres I didnt think it was a big deal... but after seeing them live, I was converted! / Fui al Ancienne Belgique a ver a Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings porque mi amigo Wim me invitó. no era fan ni nada y había escuchado un par de canciones antes porque me gusta mas otro tipo de música así pero después de verla en vivo, me convertí!

Sharon is just an amazing singer with an outstanding stage presence ( as soon as she stepped out on stage I had goose bumps! ). She danced and sang non-stop for over 3 hours and the show was like a homage to soul and funk from the late 1960s to mid 1970s a la Motown, and her dance moves reminded me of Josephine Baker and even James Brown. / Sharon es una cantante increíble con una presencia en escena mas increíble aun (en cuanto salio al escenario se me pararon los pelos). Canto y bailo sin parar por mas de 3 horas y el show fue como un homenaje al soul y funk de finales de los 60 y mitad de los 70 a la Motown, y sus pasos de bailes me recuerdan a Josephine Baker e inclusive James Brown.

P1090513
Miss Jones

s1
Jennifer, Gaston, me and Wim!

P1090504

P1090502

P1090508
FYI, The Dap Kings were Amy Winehouse´s band 

P1090506
Looking good guys!

She kept cracking jokes all night, flirting with the guys in the audience and made a tribute to all the voices who had died recently (Etta, Whitney, Amy) and on top of that she was very humble and nice to everyone, she even took some time to sign autographs and pics with the fans /Estuvo toda la noche haciendo chistes y flirteando con los hombres del publico e hicieron un tributo a las voces que han muerto recientemente (Etta, Whitney, Amy) y encima se comporto muy humilde con la gente y firmo autógrafos y se tomo fotos con los fans. 

s2

s3

here are some videos so you can see what im talking about / algunos videos para que vean de lo que les hablo
and here

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...